Tuesday 1 January 2013

Adegle Macaron


When I first saw pictures of the Adegle Macaron on the Adegle Facebook page, I was already looking forward to it, even though I'm not a pioneer at 2A, I could loop and hop and punch a little, well at least with my right hand, but that to me, is enough to feel the yoyo. Here's more pictures before I go on.







I got the Macarons just in time for christmas thanks to Lin-Kai, and I like how it look, the packaging was nice too, and to me, it feels nice in the palm, but maybe a little wee bit light. 


The Macaron doesn't use a spacer system, everything is plastic, the unique thing is it's spiral starburst.
Now the Adegle Macaron is made to be a yoyo for starter, you can do regular tricks like Stop & Go, Rock the Baby, Trapeze and so on, maybe some more slightly harder stuff, but it's also meant for looping of course. Tighten the gap to it's narrowest, and more advisable to apply two rounds of loop around the bearing, and lube the bearing with Yoyojam thick lube which Lin-Kai suggested, and it should be able to loop.

Now here's the downside. Honestly, I feel it's good enough for beginner as a starter yoyo, but when it comes to 2A, I think only pro 2A players can handle it better. With single loop, even with the narrowest gap, it's not responsive enough. With two loops around, bearing lubed, it's still a little slippy. This is what I experienced.

I took it to meeting and let players try, 2A players also feel that it's a little too slippy, and looping downwards, regular stuff like looping variations and punching variations are alright, but just not as good for serious playing. Spin time can't sustain for long in terms of wrap combos, but do take this into consideration, it's more of a starter yoyo though, so we could skip the wrap combo and variations, BUT still, it's still not responsive enough for starter in 2A. But it really differs from one another, majority of the players here feel it can be improved, and it will be, says Lin-Kai. If you guys have a chance, do try a pair out, maybe it suits your style?

There'll be a 2nd batch though, but probably not in the near future, that will be improved.
During testing, these weren't modded in anyway, not cranked, no response stickers of any sort if anyone is wondering, we try it the way it's sold. I wouldn't recommend cranking it, I don't think it's worth the try in cranking but ultimately it's up to the consumer.

If you're a local player, wanna try these out, try mine, but no modding of any sort please, keep it in its original state. And do look forward to the next batch, I'd love to see the changes!


No comments:

Post a Comment