Friday 31 August 2012

YoYoPlanet Vega Prototype #1


So other than the Polaris, Jun also sent me the prototype Vega, the Vega he sent me is apparently the first prototype, it's actually in its third prototype stage now, it was sent in separate halves with axle but no bearing. I'll do an opinion entry on the Polaris but not now, but I'll just briefly talk about the Vega prototype because since it's just a prototype, first stage especially, the final production may turn out very different from what my opinion turns out. So some photos first~



Size comparison beside a Duncan Freehand.

It kind of reminds me of a YYR Messiah because of the size and hub view, but Hiro Koba commented that the profile looks like Positron though, so here's a side by side view for you guys to compare.


it also have this surface, sorry I forgot the term again... it's the line groove thingy surface similar to One Drop's yoyo.

So I put on a flat bearing(C3's), and a Timeless string, and liking it. It feels very rim weighted and stable, and it has a pretty tight bind, it's using this black silicone response which is different from the Polaris', but this is a prototype, so maybe that's why there's the difference. But in short, this is pretty stable and smooth with tight bind. The specs are unclear at the moment, diameter seems to be 52mm, with a 41mm width, not sure about the weight. Bear in mind that this is just the first prototype but it's actually in its third prototype already.



No comments:

Post a Comment